18-year-old suspect of serious abuse Mallorca free

The 18-year-old Dutchman who was arrested in Mallorca on suspicion of involvement in the deadly abuse of a compatriot is free. Camera footage shows that he did not participate in the attack on the 27-year-old victim from Waddinxveen.

The suspect had told the police that he was indeed in the group that beat the man, but that he did not beat himself at any time. Local police have now confirmed this using two cameras, reports Ultima Hora.

The teenager was arrested because he had to stay on the island to hand in the keys to the rental house. His twelve friends left for the Netherlands a day earlier.

‘Get case to Netherlands’

The suspects of the assault are all between 18 and 20 years old. Yesterday, the lawyer of one of the suspects wanted the investigation to take place in the Netherlands. Because all suspects are Dutch, there is no reason to deliver them to Spain, said lawyer Jaap-Willem Roozemond.

Sources confirm to DecceIT that some of the suspects from the group, from Hilversum and Bussum, have now reported themselves to the police.

Attacked Out of Nowhere

The fatal abuse occurred last week in the night of Tuesday to Wednesday. A group of Dutch men made amok on the island. They had previously been kicked out of a nightclub and then sought the confrontation with compatriots, who were attacked out of nowhere.

Five people were injured in the confrontation. The 27-year-old Waddinxvener died of his injuries on Sunday.

At the site of the attack, flowers are laid:

Spanish media reported earlier that the police in Mallorca had requested colleagues in the Netherlands to arrest the suspects fled to the Netherlands. Yesterday, the Dutch police said that no arrest warrant had been received yet.