22-year-old man dies after drinking bottle of Coca Cola in 10 minutes

A Chinese man has died after drinking 1.5 litres of Coca Cola in a short time. The cause of death is a gas accumulation in his body, which prevents his liver from oxygen. Doctors report that.

The 22-year-old boy was hot. He decided to drink a bottle of Coca Cola in just ten minutes to cool down. Six hours later, he suddenly suffered from a swollen stomach and severe pain. The boy decided to go to the hospital.

Increased heart rate

Several tests showed that mans health deteriorated rapidly. He got an increased heart rate, low blood pressure, and he breathed quickly. The 22-year-old had no other underlying health problems.

A ct scan showed that he had abnormally high levels of gas in his intestines and portal vein. The doctors in the hospital tried to let the gas escape. He was also given medication to protect his liver, but after twelve hours blood tests showed that the man had severe liver damage. His condition worsened and he died eighteen hours after treatment.

Gas bubbles

According to doctors, the boy died from a gas accumulation in his body, which prevents his liver from oxygen, according to the medical journal Clinics and Research in Hepatology and Gastroenterology.

However, a British expert doubts whether drinking one and a half gallons of Coca Cola is the cause of death. Professor Nathan Davies, a biochemist at University College London, tells MailOnline that he suspects the boy has died from a bacterial infection caused by an internal gas accumulation. These bacteria can cause gas bubbles that can also cause similar problems in the end.

According to him, Coca Cola fans dont have to worry about drinking a large amount of Coke away one day. ,, But its not very healthy,โ€ Davies says.