Crazy night: RKC takes point after late disapproved goal of Utrecht

FC Utrecht and RKC Waalwijk have tied 2-2 in an exciting and crazy match. Mike van der Hoorn thought to make the winning in extremis, but Richard Martens disapproved of his hit. The arbiter took a leading role in De Galgenwaard anyway.
FC Utrecht had a lightning start for their own audience. Simon Gustafson was allowed to pull out from the edge of the penalty area and shot the ball with the left in the corner. RKC seemed to recover very quickly, because after a foul of Willem Janssen against Richard van der Venne, the ball went on the spot. Jens Odgaard took a seat behind the ball, but had to be patient because Utrecht fans threw a lot of things on the pitch. He then couldnt cash in the outchance.
However, the tone was set, as referee Richard Martens saw that more cups ended up on the field. He decided to stop the game briefly, but after a request from the stadium speaker, both teams were able to move on. Shortly after Gustafson was injured replaced by Sander van de Streek, Odgaard made up for his miss. After twenty minutes, the Dane did get the ball past goalkeeper Maarten Paes.
However, shortly after the goal, Martens observed that things were thrown from the public again. The arbitrator showed a lighter and directed the teams to the locker rooms. A twenty minute hiatus followed before any further play was played. The game remained entertaining unabated. That
s how Anastasios Douvikas shot to the bar. Utrecht was the parent party after the interruption anyway, but the goal fell on the other side on the rest. After a nice counter, the ball came in front of Alexander Bรผttners feet, who curled in.

๐Ÿ”ฅโŒ๐Ÿ”ฅโŒ๐Ÿ”ฅ FC Utrecht – RKC Waalwijk has temporarily discontinued! โคต๏ธ A lighter was thrown on the field… #utrrkc
โ€” ESPN NL (@ESPNnl) September 18, 2021

The Dom city dwellers had to chase in the second half. Van de Streek soon had the ball before shooting, but saw it go next to the pole. Douvikas had better luck. He received a penalty after an offense by Ahmed Touba and knowingly popped into the 2-2 himself. The Utrecht offensive went down and both teams fought for three points. Mike van der Hoorn spent seven minutes in injury time in ecstasy, but after long deliberation Martens disapproved of the goal due to hands.
As a result, Utrecht loses its connection with the top of the Eredivisie by eight points. RKC is still in the mids.