Erik ten Hag: ‘Quincy Promes can be deployed again on sunday’

Ajax trainer Erik ten Hag does not see any obstacle for the time being to continue drawing up Quincy Promes. The attacker was arrested last Sunday on suspicion of involvement in a stabbing last summer in Abcoude.

Promes denies having been involved in the incident of violence and was released Tuesday. The Ajax assailant remains a suspect. โ€œFor us, he is innocent, as long as the opposite is proven,โ€ says Ten Hag, who spoke by phone with Promes and talks with him on Thursday morning, when Promes returns to training complex De Future to get started on the training field.

Ten Hag told FOX Sports to be very shocked by what happened. โ€œIt hits us, it hits me, it hits the whole dressing room. I talked to Quincy, hes fine now, even if it does something to a human. He says hes innocent. We support him by being there for him, thats how the whole dressing room is in it. Were going to help him, but hes got to do something himself, hes got to cross the line himself. You are always a footballer, even if you are outside the Ajax gates,โ€ says Ten Hag, who may already include Promes in the match selection on Sunday.

Mentally good

โ€œOf course that is possible. If hes innocent, hes a player of ours. Im happy with him. The board has already spoken with him, I will do that too and we will see on Sunday.โ€

Ten Hag met Promes when he was the trainer of Go Ahead Eagles. โ€œMy heart also broke when I got the message that he had been arrested on Sunday,โ€ said Ajaxs coach. โ€œIn our dressing room it has also come very hard. But during our phone call, Quincy was positive again. I have the impression hes mentally good. But we need to take a look at that. Of course, Quincy must also ensure that he does not end up in such situations.โ€

Suspect

Promes was arrested on Sunday on suspicion of involvement in a stabbing, which took place in July in a warehouse in Abcoude. A relative of the footballer suffered, among other things, very serious knee injury.

The prosecution sent him on Tuesday. According to the Public Prom, there are no grounds to extend the detention of the 28-year-old footballer. Promes remains a suspect in the case.

In

the

meantime, it is clear that Promes is not brought before the Judge Commissioner. Apart from serious suspicion, there must be grounds for this, such as flight risk, risk of recurrence or fear that someone is sabotaging the investigation. Those grounds are not there, according to the OA.

The suspicion against Promes is โ€œassault resulting in severe bodily injury.โ€ It is sentenced to a maximum of four years in prison.