Laporta turns door ajar: ‘But everyone has to accept salary cap’

FC Barcelona President Joan Laporta confirms that a longer stay of Ousmane Dembélé in Camp Nou is still possible. The 24-year-old Frenchman still had to leave in January, but he has now grown into a tastemaker in the team of coach Xavi.
Dembélé is a great, charming boy, says Laporta in an interview with Mundo Deportivo. At least he hasnt caused any problems since we took over the club. He is a player who can manage coaches better and better, especially Xavi who is great for him. Maybe well see the best Dembélé since hes been with Barça.
We made him an offer for a new contract before, but that offer ended on December 20 last year. He didn
t want to use it, Laporta continues. Now Xavi says hes counting on him and that he makes a difference. Whether a new contract is possible? To everyone who will be with us next season, we set a salary cap and they have to accept it for the future of the club. There will undoubtedly be conversations at the end of the season, but within all the possibilities that we can offer at the moment.