British Prince Philip is still in hospital until at least next week, says a source to the BBC. On Wednesday, Buckingham Palace announced that Queen Elizabeth‘s 99-year-old husband had been hospitalized as a precaution, after having felt unwell for several days.
The source says that the Duke of Edinburgh is in good spirits and that his doctor takes the certainty of the uncertainty.
Philip wouldn’t have any corona-related complaints. The 94-year-old Queen Elizabeth is still at Windsor Castle, the palace near London where the royal couple have resided since the beginning of the coronacrisis. The couple received their first vaccine last month against covid-19.
Philip has almost stopped appearing in public for 3.5 years. Because of his advanced age and brittle health, he retired in 2017.