The family of an American man who suffocated during a food contest with tacos drags the organization of the event to court.
That reports news agency AP. The 18-year-old son Marshall Hutchings claims that his father Dana was unaware of the risks, and
Dana Hutchings died after choking on a taco. It was an amateur match, an event in the calm of a baseball game in August 2019, and participants had to eat as many tacos as possible in a certain time.
Professional eaters train for eating meals, “but this is not always the case in amateur competitions. The participants should have been informed of the risks,” says the family lawyer.
The owner of the Fresno Grizzlies baseball club, Fresno Sports and Events, must answer for himself. The chairman doesnt want to say anything.