Five Russian tourists were found dead in a sauna in a five-star hotel in western Albania. That‘s what the local police report. How they died so fast is another mystery.
According to a statement by the Albanian police, the quintet was found choked in the hotel’s sauna in the coastal village of Qerret, near the capital Tirana. The police did not release any further details about the circumstances and suspected cause of death, but confirmed that hotel staff are being questioned by officers.
The Russian victims, all between 31 and 60 years old, were part of a larger group of tourists who stayed for a week at the five-star hotel by the beach. It would be members of one and the same family, reports The Guardian. They had only just checked in at the luxurious Gloria Palace Hotel.