‘Weghorst is our priority, he informs us about his decision on Wednesday’

Wout Weghorst has reached a personal agreement with Besiktas. The Dutch international will inform the top Turkish club on Wednesday about its choice, Chairman Ahmet Nur Çebi confirms to Sporx.
Weghorst is allowed to leave Burnley on a rental basis after the Premier League relegation. The 29-year-old striker wants to ‘perform at a high level’ in view of the World Cup in Qatar, he already told. According to Sporx, he agrees with Besiktas on an annual wage of 2.7 million euros. The number six of the last Super Lig season would not have to pay rent.
The final word now belongs to Weghorst, who has yet to tie the knot. Our first priority for the leading position is Wout Weghorst, says the Besiktas chairman in the Turkish newspaper. He will inform us about his final decision on Wednesday. After the match with his national team, he and his family will make a decision. Weghorst will take on Wales in the Nations League with the Orange on Tuesday evening.
Weghorst is stuck at Burnley until mid-2025. He was linked to Europa League winner Eintracht Frankfurt last week. We have clearly agreed in advance that I will not play in the Championship, said former FC Emmen player, Heracles Almelo, AZ and VfL Wolfsburg to Voetbal International. There is interest from Germany, Turkey and a number of Premier League English clubs.